The single greatest way to save many thousands of dollars in fees and many hours of heartache is to remain on good terms with your spouse and have a consensual no fault divorce.
If you have children, then those arrangements will need to be organised separately. Apart from the children though, managing your separation is a financial arrangement and here are a few tips that will help you settle your divorce quickly and at the lowest cost possible.
- Low-cost uncontested divorce
- Agree on the property and finances before you see a divorce lawyer
- Be well-organised with your paperwork to cut your legal costs in your divorce
- Provide documents for your divorce in electronic form where possible
- Email your divorce lawyer rather than call
- Avoid numerous independent valuations where possible
- Agree on arrangements for your children
- Pick a lawyer who promotes low cost, no fault divorces
- Choose a divorce lawyer that suits you
- Be flexible during your divorce and think about the future
Smartest things you can do to have an affordable divorce
Your lawyer has to charge by the hour, the less hours you use them for, the less you will be charged. Here are some tips on how to reduce the cost of your divorce lawyer.