Your Obligations Relating to Child Sexual Abuse and your Right to Claim

It is the law to disclose child sexual abuse and if a parent or adult in control of a child, cannot or will not, protect a child that is a crime. If that adult willfully abuses the child either physically, emotionally or both then that is a crime and should be reported to the police. 

VOCAT compensation related to child sexual abuse

Children who have suffered sexual abuse, and innocent associated parties who are traumatised by the discovery of that abuse, can have a case for compensation through VOCAT if it is deemed the case applicable, the adults have reported the matter as soon as it comes to their attention, and they fully co-operate with the investigation. 

This information has been compiled by Grant & Co Lawyers who are community-minded Victims of Crime Lawyers based in Melbourne who specialise in VOCAT cases. If you would like to call or have a free meeting with Grant & Co Lawyers, then please call 1300 057 056 or contact us online to arrange a meeting.  There will be no cost and no obligation, and we will be happy to patiently discuss your situation. If you have kids, you can bring them in for your appointment too.  

Have you been a victim of violent crime? Applications for compensation at VOCAT are free.

Please contact us online or call 1300 057 056 for an obligation free assessment of your matter.

Scroll to Top