How to Make a Successful VOCAT Claim for Robbery or Home Invasion

VOCAT claims are for you, as a victim of the crime or someone associated with the crime, experiencing physical and mental trauma and injury. VOCAT does not cover you for property loss or damage.

Victims of robbery or home invasion

If you were robbed or were the victim of a home invasion for example then you should be able to claim compensation as a victim or a closely associated person (partner, person living in the home or as a witness to the crime) who was directly affected by the crime. 

Physical and mental trauma compensation

If you experience an assault, injury or frightening experience when you are being robbed, then that is a physical and mental trauma and therefore you can apply for VOCAT compensation.

This information has been compiled by Grant & Co Lawyers who are community-minded Victims of Crime Lawyers based in Melbourne who specialise in VOCAT cases. If you would like to call or have a free meeting with Grant & Co Lawyers, then please call 1300 057 056 or contact us online to arrange a meeting.  There will be no cost and no obligation, and we will be happy to patiently discuss your situation. If you have kids, you can bring them in for your appointment too.  

Have you been a victim of violent crime? Applications for compensation at VOCAT are free.

Please contact us online or call 1300 057 056 for an obligation free assessment of your matter.

Scroll to Top